Getting Ready for 2019-2020
For information from the school’s website, please visit: https://www.ltisdschools.org/domain/1092.
- March 1 through July 17th– Order School Supplies (sproutsupplies.com/supplykits, enter HBMS001)
- Order PE Uniforms
- Dance uniforms will be purchased in class during the first weeks of school
- PE uniforms must be pre-ordered and will be handed out the first week of school. All incoming 6th graders who are taking PE next year will need to order PE Uniforms at https://hbmspe19.itemorder.com/sale. More information can be found at https://www.smore.com/9cp1n. Please note the deadline to order is June 21st.
- All 7th & 8th grade Athletics students will need to order Athletics uniforms. More information can be found at https://www.smore.com/9cp1n. Please note the deadline to order is June 21st.
Ordering Physical Education Uniforms:
Important Events & Dates:
- August 5 – Buc Games – 6th Grade Orientation – 8:30 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. (times may vary)
- Parents are invited to stay for the first hour for a parent orientation.
- Students will play games to get to know the school, eat pizza, and have fun!
- August 9 – Buc Bash – 6th, 7th & 8th grade Round-Up – Time slots will be assigned to each grade level. More information this summer.
- Get your class list, buy a yearbook, sign up for select student groups.
- Pick up pre-ordered school supplies.
- Make your one-time-only donation to your HBMS PTO to help fund fun activities and classroom supplies and get your Buck$-4-Bucs Card.
- Buy a school shirt from various student groups.
- See your friends and DECORATE YOUR LOCKER.
- August 14 – First Day of School
- TBD (typically late August or early September) – Curriculum Night, 6:30 (time is tentative). Parents get to know the teachers, classes, and school.
- September 5 – First PTO Meeting (date tentative)
- HBMS PTO website – http://www.hbms-pto.org/wp/
- Sign up to receive the HBMS PTO Newsletter and to be notified of volunteer opportunities.
- Attend PTO Meetings (usually the first Thursday morning of the month) to find out what’s going on.
- HBMS PTO Facebook page – “like” us at https://www.facebook.com/HBMSPTO/.
- HBMS school website – https://www.ltisdschools.org/hbms.
Required Summer Reading: (View at: https://www.ltisdschools.org/domain/1092)
- ALL Rising 6th & 7th graders have required summer reading.
- PreAP students may have additional reading assignments, too.
Mom to Mom:
One of the biggest sources of anxiety the first week of school for a new sixth grader is not being able to open the locker! Taking time this summer to learn how to unlock a combination lock can go a long way in easing that back-to-school stressor.
Go HBMS Buccaneers!!